The 2017-18 Open Enrollment
Application period is February 6 - April 28, 2017
Please see the DPI website for the information and forms to apply. http://dpi.wi.gov/open-enrollment
Open Enrollment Brochure
Applying for an Exception to the Open Enrollment Application Period
What is an exception to the open enrollment application period? Parents normally apply for open enrollment for the following school year during a three-month application period which begins in February and ends on the last weekday in April. However, 2011 Act 114 established a procedure by which parents may apply for open enrollment outside of the regular application period.
Under what circumstances may parents apply for an exception? There are seven circumstances under which a parent may apply for an exception:
- The student's resident school district determines that the student is a victim of a violent crime.
- The student is or has been homeless in the current or preceding school year.
- The student has been the victim of repeated bullying or harassment that has been reported to the resident school district and continues in spite of action taken.
- The student's place of residence has changed due to the parent's military orders.
- The student moved into this state within the past 30 days.
- The student's place of residence has changed as a result of a court order or custody agreement, or the student was placed in a foster home or with a person other than the student's parent, or removed from a foster home or the home of a person other than the student's parent.
- The student's parents and the nonresident and resident school districts agree that attending the nonresident school district is in the best interests of the student.
For more information, including an PI-9421 Exceptions Application form, please click on the link below.
If you need more information, please contact the main office: 608-986-2151